People and Development Lead
LocatED, an Arms-Length Body to the Department for Education, which is responsible for buying and developing sites in England to help deliver much needed new school places for thousands of children is looking to recruit a People and Development Lead to support the Chief People Officer.
This role will help deliver a high-quality people and development service by managing all recruitment, on-boarding, employee relations and learning & development activities – including any work experience initiatives, Graduate and Apprentice programmes. In addition, this role will be the main point of contact for all HR related queries and the production of all HR documentation.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Managing the full recruitment process from challenging the need to recruit through to producing contracts of employment
- Managing all employee on and off boarding procedures ensuring the company meets its statutory obligations and delivers an effective probationary process
- Supporting the management of the Apprentice and Graduate Development Schemes
- Ensuring that equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of what we do by playing an active part as the People and Development representative on the D&I Committee
- Leading on the implementation and delivery of a variety experience and career activities that support our goal to encourage more young people to consider the property profession
- Ensuring that all HR policies support a high performing, distinctive and aspirational culture
- Undertaking the necessary HR administration including keeping our HR systems up to date, electronic filing, ensuring all mandatory training objectives are met as well as producing HR documents and reports as required
- Using employee insights and feedback to assist with business strategies and actions that result in a high level of employee commitment, engagement, and retention
- Working with colleagues and/or their line managers to identify and source appropriate training and development initiatives that improve individual or company performance
- Remaining up to date on employment legislation ensuring that any changes in legislation are communicated in a clear and timely manner.
This job description is an outline of the key responsibilities and should not be regarded as an exhaustive list as there may be other duties that the post-holder will be reasonably required to undertake. This document may be amended to reflect the changing needs of the business.
Key skills and requirements:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- CIPD qualification or equivalent
- Proven track record of managing recruitment without use of agency support
- Good experience of using different recruitment methods and job boards including LinkedIn
- Experience designing and delivering learning and development initiatives
- Experience of advising managers on all aspects of people management and development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work well with key stakeholders at all levels
- Great communication skills in business partnering/advisory roles
- Adds value as both an individual contributor and active team member
- Ability to build rapport quickly
- Self-starter with capacity to work on own initiative
- Self-motivated, flexible, organised, with an eye for detail
In return we offer:
- A basic salary of up to £45,000 depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service up to 28 days plus statutory holidays
- The opportunity to earn up to 10% of salary in annual performance related pay scheme
- Matched pension contribution up to 6%
- Ability to access training and other continuing professional development opportunities
- Various discounts with popular retailers
- Ability to work from home with the ability to travel to Central London as required.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is fundamental to the continuing success at LocatED. We welcome applications from everyone as we value the uniqueness that individuals can bring to our business. We are committed to promoting diversity and developing an environment where all employees are treated with dignity.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills, experience and qualifications match this role to careers@LocatED.co.uk.
The closing date for applications is 2 June 2022.