MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Acting as a brand guardian; assisting with the consistency and development of corporate messaging, branded materials and communications to support the company’s identity through a period of growth and diversification.
- Identifying public and key sector engagement opportunities at corporate events, networks, forums, conferences, exhibitions and speaking events. This includes assisting with presentations and exhibition stands.
- Monitoring and reporting on Marketing & Communications performance across all channels to assess the overall effectiveness of the company’s activities.
- Supporting the delivery of print and digital marketing campaigns, including the monitoring of live campaign performance and compiling monthly reports on results and ROI.
- Assisting the Head of Marketing & Business Support with budget management and overseeing the approved marketing & communications expenditure.
- Working with the property teams to provide marketing support; creating briefs to develop/design marketing collateral, writing case studies and copy for articles, as well as organising local networking events.
- Creating corporate materials and internal communications as and when needed
- Taking sole responsibility over the social media content for the corporate accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) and linking this with both the PR and events calendar.
- Keeping the content on the website up to date and compliant as well as producing monthly reports on website performance.
KEY SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- To be successful in this role you will need:
- To be educated to degree level, CIM or equivalent.
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven proofreading experience.
- To be competent with full Microsoft Office suite; special expertise required in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- To have the ability to manage corporate social media accounts, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram
- To be organised self-starter with capacity to work on own initiative.
- To continually seek to broaden own technical skills set by taking responsibility for your personal development.
- To be self-motivated, flexible, organised, with an eye for detail.
- To demonstrate high standards of integrity, honesty, and fairness, commensurate with the Nolan principles.
- A commitment to the value of diversity and achievement of equality of opportunity in both employment and service delivery.
- To be able to learn and understand new concepts as well as apply new methods.
- The willingness to seek advice appropriately, to accept supervision and training as required.
- Excellent copywriting, proofing and content creation on and offline.
- Creative with design presentation skills ideally Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Experience using Google Analytics suite.
- Experience in organising corporate events.
IN RETURN WE OFFER:
- A basic salary of up to £35,000 depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service up to 28 days plus statutory holidays
- A matched pension scheme for contributions up to 6%.
- Opportunity to earn up to 10% of salary in an annual performance related pay scheme;
- Ability to access training and other continuing professional development opportunities.
- Various discounts with popular retailers.
- Ability to work from home.
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental to the continuing success at LocatED. We actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and all sections of the community, regardless of race, religious beliefs, political opinions, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, marital/parental status, gender, age, sexual orientation or disability. We also support applications from those returning from a career break or from other roles.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter detailing how your skills, experience and qualifications match this role to careers@LocatED.co.uk.
The closing date for applications is 6 October 2021.