Leading the rapid rollout of decarbonisation initiatives across the education estate
LocatED is looking for partners to deliver a ‘proof of concept’ that will demonstrate the commercial viability of a range of decarbonisation interventions, including condition and fabric improvements, adaptation measures, energy efficiency and energy generation.
If you have any questions about becoming a partner in the Net Zero Accelerator, please contact NetZero.Accelerator@Located.co.uk.
- To further understand the extent of the opportunity to deliver decarbonisation efficiencies across the education estate
- Starting with a proof of concept/feasibility to determine the potential and appropriate technology for the decarbonisation of a selected batch of existing school sites
- This study will articulate a model for the private sector to work in partnership with the DfE/LocatED to deliver Net Zero at selected group of schools which is commercially viable
- The aim is that this feasibility study will inform the development of a significant ‘Net Zero Accelerator’ programme to decarbonise the wider school estate and achieve the Government’s 2050 net zero target
- We intend to launch an ITT to carry out this ‘Proof of concept’ feasibility study for the ‘Net Zero Accelerator’ programme in Autumn 2023.
- Provide responsible bodies with a low burden service to address condition and energy efficiency to help improve their estate including delivery of decarbonisation interventions
- Reduce risk to responsible bodies by requiring no upfront payment and through sharing the risk of delivery with external market partners
- Demonstrate that measurable energy savings can be achieved to support the roll out of a commercially viable programme of work
- Develop a service which does not require the education setting to input significant time and resource. The intervention and funding should be arranged for them